Piedmont Atlanta Hospital - Atlanta, Georgia
Continuous collaboration with the Clinical Manager to ensure consistent supervision of the staff.
1. Collaborates with other departments (i.e. radiology, transport, inpatient, emergency department, surgical services) to facilitate patient flow in a safe environment.
2. Supervises and coordinates delivery of quality nursing care and quality patient outcomes.
3. Maintains clinical proficiency and professional standards.
4. Ensures maintenance of equipment and appropriate supply inventory in a safe manner.
5. Supervises activities of health care team.
6. Assists with evaluation of staff performance.
7. Provides leadership to the staff.
8. Coordinates and ensures appropriate staffing levels and accurate timekeeping maintained.
9. Supervises PI projects and ensures regulated standards are met.
10. Effectively communicates with others.
11. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, treatment/intervention, documentation, and evaluation
of the patient’s individualized pain relief.
12. Demonstrates competency in documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Effective Communication Skills, both written and oral
Ability to effectively prioritize and to handle stressful environments
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two (2) years of nursing experience in a hospital (inpatient roles) or clinical (outpatient roles) setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse.
Previous supervisory experience desired.
Valid BLS certification required.
ACLS certification may be required given unit specialty (if required, see addendum)
Leadership qualities that demonstrate creativity, innovation, proactive and collaborative relationship.
Participation in continuing education and maintenance of current knowledge for the care of patients in assigned unit(s).
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Advanced certification in field of specialty (if required, see addendum)
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.